Packing for a weekend can end up looking like packing for a month sometimes (at least for me). Here are some of the outfit templates I have used to pack light and have comfy and classic outfit choices.
Inspired by: Jeanne Damas (I can't not be).
A simple wrap dress always looks chic and doesn't look dreadful when wrinkled (go for airy fabrics). A simple coin purse and platform kitten heels are easy to pack and comfy without being too casual.
Inspired by: Basically every models' street style look.
A white t-shirt, black jeans, leather jacket, and black shoes with some height… There is a reason every model wears this and so do many women on the street of nearly every fashionable city. It looks good on every body type and is very easy to pack and throw on in a hurry. You can pack this knowing you can dress it up or down and be very comfortable.
Inspired by: 1970s Bardot.
One piece swimsuits are a great piece to pack because they make great body suits under pants, shorts, or skirts. When packing accessories go with classics you love, such as a nice pair of sunglasses and gold hoops. Plus it makes dipping into the Mediterranean sea that much easier.
I am seeing the sun set in front of me on the other side of the world, and I couldn’t be more full of love. And yes… I’m holding a baguette.
Photography by Isiah Perkins
Here are a few of the items that are worth investing in for summer if you want to achieve an easygoing, gal from across the ocean vibe:
1. Wrap around skirt. Featured by Rouje in the image. The wrap dress was made iconic by DVF, but the wrap skirt gives a little more ease to the refined look. You can easily wear a casual or romantic top and embrace any vibe you want to achieve in one simple yet elegant piece.
2. Net bag. You can by a net bag from Amazon for $3, but the net bag has worked its way up the ladder toward more high end reproductions. The bag above is from Pixie Market. Fill your net bag with colorful groceries or magazines that will pop among the neutral tones of the net.
3. A scarf. This scarf is by Loewe. You can transform any outfit with a beautiful scarf. Options include wrapping it around your bag strap, ponytail, a low bun, neck, wrist, interior decoration etc. There are endless ways to be creative with this simple item.
4. Platform kitten heel. Here the Kate Spade kitten heel can be worn easily from day to night with a variety of looks. It gives a lovely lift to the legs with the stability of a flat sole for walking on grass or cobblestone.
5. Gold jewelry. If you collect gold jewelry there comes a moment when all of your jewelry beautifully goes together, and it is a wonderful thing! However, no matter your style, gold pendants, coins, rings, hoops, and designs collecting can keep
you busy for an entire summer. Featured above by Céndre.
6. 90s glasses. Small frames reminiscent of The Matrix are everywhere. If you have a wider face, try to find frames that stretch out and upwards of the face creating an elongating effect. A smaller shaped face will be able to wear more classic shapes easily.
Have a great summer. 😉
I have been collecting lovely items from antiques stores for two years now. I am always inspired by the 1500s-1800s in particular. All things gold fill my home. I am growing a collection of gold earrings and original oil paintings in gold frames. I have items from Russia, France, South Korea, and here in the United States so far.
All things magical affect me. This small reading candle makes me think of a young girl wandering her castle at night. I truly believe the items you surround yourself with affect you, both consciously and subconsciously. My home is a safe haven of beautiful thoughts for my mind.
Things don't have to be too perfect,or too neat. I like the naturalness of a lived in home. I prefer ease to overly staged photos, art, and interiors. Sometimes it appears to let the soul of the subjects to speak out.