“To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not, rich; to listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with open heart; to study hard; to think quietly, act frankly, talk gently, await occasions, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common. this is my symphony.” – William Channing
1. Let meditation become the beautiful bookends to each day. Practice 10-15 minutes when you wake up and each evening before dinner. You can try YouTube meditations at first if it is too difficult to sit in silence at first. Binaural beats with headphones are great for putting your brainwaves to exact emotional experiences you want. Search binaural beats for: joy, beauty, love, etc.
2. Read and work in elevated spaces. If you want to read for pleasure, or if you have to work on something that you dread, find somewhere inspiring to do so. It could be a luxurious hotel’s cafe, a museum cafe, a university, a garden, or a little park. Make it fun for you, and make it beautiful for you. We subconsciously absorb our environments, so let it be beautiful.
3. If you are not feeling openhearted it is difficult to create and allow beauty into your life. One of the best ways to open up again is through animals. Take a trip to your local zoo, or spend extra time with your pet. Like being in nature, being around such elevated and open animals is very healing and inspiring.
4. Create a personal uniform for days when you aren’t inspired. Mine is black jeans, a white shirt, black boots, and a leather jacket. When I don’t feel great I know I can put this easy set on and become more confident and focus on my day.
5. Collect inspiration everywhere. You can buy magazines and cut the things you love and keep them in a journal. When you flip through you will have an instant wave of inspiration of who you are and what you want. Blogs and Pinterest have a lot to be inspired by, but it’s important to write what inspires you and create and observe tactile images so your brain processes them and manifests them even more.
I wish you beautiful days.
Top by Zara.