I have spent the past two summers in the South of France, and during my days I made sure to research and try skincare products that aren't available or known in the US. My skin is prone to all sorts of reactions, so saying these products are life changing is no exaggeration!
1. Biafine. This appears to be a cult favorite of the French. I have no idea how I had never heard someone mention this product. They use it in France for cuts, scrapes, burns, and many types of inflammatory skin issues. It generally costs about $5! I use it after exfoliating, or after derma-rolling because it aids in rebuilding of skin tissue. This cream is famous for being used in the hospitals in France because research shows it helps rebuild the skin of burned skin victims. If you don't try any other product, I highly suggest this one!
2. Avenue Cicalfate. I have red-tinted skin. (I'm sensitive!) when I get out of the shower at night after removing dirt and makeup this redness is the most noticeable. This cream is said to help both redness and skin issues (such as breakouts) and wow! It removes all of my redness from my face within a minute and heals any small or medium spots I may have by the morning significantly. If you have irritated or reddish skin naturally or by sunburn this is a good staple for your skincare!
3. Embryolisse Lait-crème Concentré . This is used by models world wide. This moisturizer is an ultra-hydrating cream. I use it over any essences or serums. It's a bit oily for me during the day, but I can't imagine not having this on my shelves for at night especially during the winter or when my skin feels rough from swimming all day in the ocean.
4. Caudalie Beauty Elixir. A little goes a long way. I've had my tiny bottle bought in Avignon for four months! This product makes you look like you have an internal glow and makes the skin look and feel very healthy. If you have oily skin (like me) you may need to blot a little bit of the mist off your face with tissue. I like to use this when I'm in cities with pollution or during a long day at work.
5. Yves Rocher hommage à mixer. Not everyone should use harsh scrubs. If you are sensitive I wouldn't try this on your face. However, I have oily skin that can take a little bit of scrubbing, so I use this on my face and body once every week or two and it feels absolutely refreshing. I've never had a product get the old epidermis off my skin so easily! I layer biafine on my skin after for a renewing effect.
6. Reviva skincare products. I found these in the US in a health food store. They are a French brand and extremely affordable! (Talking $5-15). One study showed it has the exact same ingredients in many high end skincare products!Sometimes we buy brands without realizing we are paying for the pretty packaging. I know I have many times. Everything in this line I have used is gentle and natural, and I have recently switched my expensive cleanser for their organic milk cleanser and I am enjoying it!
I hope one or more of these products works for you! Feel free to let me know your thoughts below!